The other day I found this delicious recipe on Pinterest from Food Family Finds and I just HAD to make it for the family. We are big chicken eaters (mainly because it’s cheaper than beef), so when I saw this recipe, my mouth started to water.
This was a big hit– mainly because my husband stuffed himself full. He really liked it! And that my friends is the clue of food success.
So, here is the way I made it. I altered the original just a tad because of lack of ingredients, but it still turned out really, really good!
Have I mentioned it was good?
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Green peppers
- 1 onion
- Salt and Pepper, for seasoning
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Hoagie Rolls
- Slice butter into 2 pats, put them in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Put your chicken in the crock pot. Salt & Pepper.
- Chop your Green Peppers and onions and add to the crock pot.
- Cook on medium for 4-6 hours.
- Shred the chicken and mix all ingredients together well.
- Serve with hoagie rolls and sprinkle Mozzarella on top.
- To melt the cheese and warm the bun, put in the broiler for just a few minutes. Be sure to watch it so it doesn't burn!