It’s that time again! It’s Christmas Cookie Friday and have I got some delicious Cookie Recipes for you! This week I made some delicious Gingerbread cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting. It may seem like a weird combination for you, but it sounded really yummy, so I went for it!
For me, gingerbread cookies are just not where they need to be without something sweet on top. Gingerbread cookies have a little bit of spice to them, so the sweetness of a good frosting or icing really gives it that extra something that it needs!
Introducing gingerbread cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting. Yum! These are really good. And they taste like Christmas. Definitely.
Enjoy this recipe and all of my blogger friends’ cookie recipes this week. This post is perfect for upcoming Christmas and New Year’s Parties!
Also, don’t forget to check out last week’s Christmas Cookie Round-up. Lots of good ideas over there too.
- For Cookie Dough:
- 6 Tbsps Butter, softened
- ¾ Cup Brown sugar (dark preferred, but not required)
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Molasses
- 2 tsps Vanilla
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1.5 tsps Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- 1¾ tsps Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Cloves
- For Frosting:
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- 6 Oz Softened Butter
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and egg until completely blended with a mixer on medium speed.
- Add molasses and vanilla and blend completely.
- In a separate bowl, blend together all of the rest of the ingredients and add gradually to the mixer until everything is mixed together and smooth.
- Roll dough into ping-pong sized balls and smash down onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before adding Frosting.
- For the frosting, blend cream cheese and butter until creamy. Slowly mix in powdered sugar and vanilla until everything is blended well. Spread or pipe onto Gingerbread cookies once cookies have cooled.
These Old Fashioned Christmas Cookies from Mommy Hates Cooking look gorgeous, and delicious!
These Christmas Nut Cookies sound super yum.. and they sound REALLY easy to make!
Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies with M&Ms from Read my Chicken Scratch. YUM! I love M&Ms. And Salted Caramel!
Enjoy! See you all next week!