School is now in full swing, the girls are busy doing school stuff during the day so that means when they get home they are HUNGRY! And this is a recurring thing. Every single day. Sometimes I can’t keep enough after school snacks in the house. I want to give them a variety of things so it’s not the same thing over and over and over again. So that’s why I came up with these Fluffy Pudding “Ice Cream” Sandwiches using only THREE things! Jell-o Pudding, Cool Whip and graham crackers.
Cool Whip and Jell-O are two brands that we ALWAYS had in the house growing up. I could seriously Jell-O and Cool Whip by the bowls full. SO good! And Cool Whip HAS to go with pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is not pumpkin pie without a HUGE dollop on top. And I do mean huge.
I use Cool Whip in a ton of my recipes. I just used it while making my Bedlam parfait last week. It is the whipped topping I prefer over all! So stinkin’ good.
I made the big sandwiches neapolitan-like with all three flavors, but instead of using vanilla pudding, I used cheesecake. I am sure if you wanted to use vanilla you could, I just really love cheesecake so I thought it would taste awesome frozen!
- 1 small Tub of Cool Whip
- 1 box of any flavor INSTANT Jell-O Pudding
- 1¾ cup Milk
- Honey Graham Crackers, in half and whole sections
- Prepare your Jell-O as you would if you were making pie filling, using only 1¾ cup of milk instead of 2. Chill for 3 hours.
- Once pudding has chilled, fold the container of Cool Whip into the pudding and mix completely, making a mousse.
- Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan with whole and half sections of graham crackers.
- Spoon Fluffy Pudding on top of the graham crackers in large heaping spoonfuls.
- Add half and large graham cracker sections on top of the fluffy pudding, lining them up in the way you placed the graham cracker pieces on the bottom. Lightly press.
- Stick pan in freezer until frozen solid. Cut out the sandwiches carfully with a knife.
- Serve frozen.