Happy Epic Pi (Pie) Day, 3/14/15! Woohoo! What an awesome day this is to celebrate, and how could you not celebrate with some delicious pie recipes to honor this epic day.
Today, I am bringing you 8 delicious pie recipes from 8 amazing bloggers (including myself :)) for this momentous day. We have savory pies, sweet pies, and pie soups. I mean– this day is amazing! Check them out below, then keep scrolling for my recipe for Frozen Chocolate Pie!
Gluten Free Coconut Cream Pie – What the Fork Food Blog
Blood Orange Mini Pies – The Crafting Foodie
Banana Cream Pie Dip – Shaken Together
Frozen Chocolate Pie – Nessa Makes
Apricot Hand Pies – Rick•a•bam•boo
Coconut Cream Pie – Delightful E Made
Vegan Pecan Pie – The Viet Vegan
Chicken Pot Pie Soup – Bubbly Nature Creations
The delicious frozen chocolate pie that I put together is made with an easy homemade graham cracker crust. Really, the entire recipe is so easy to throw together in a flash! Other than a quick bake of the crust, this pie requires no extended oven time!
The reason I chose the recipe is because the first time I ever had frozen chocolate pie, I fell in love. My sister-in-law’s mother made it for us from scratch and I just thought it was better than sliced bread.
I have never really been one for fruit pies. I would much rather have rich, creamy chocolate ones. Plus, with this pie being eaten completely frozen, it’s great to be eaten even in the summer time! Plus it’s like having built-in a la mode. Ha!
So, here’s this delicious recipe. Please enjoy all the pie goodness I have presented you today, and don’t forget to report back about which one(s) you tried and liked the best!
- For the crust:
- 1.5 cups crushed graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 4 oz choclate almond bark
- ⅓ cup milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 container whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 375. To make the crust, combine graham crackers and melted butter into a pie baking pan. Form a crust with the graham crackers right into the pie pan. Bake for no longer than 7 minutes. Let cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add almond bark and two tablespoons. Cook in the microwave for 1.5 minutes, being sure to stir a minute in.
- Stir almond bark and milk together, then whisk in cream cheese the rest of the milk until it's blended completely.
- Once that is cool, stir in whipped topping, and shave some almond bark over the pie. Stick promptly in the freezer and serve frozen.