This Summer has only begun, and yet it seems like it has been going on for quite some time. I have been trying to come up with activities and things to keep my kiddos busy so they don’t end up at each other’s throats day and night. Trust me, if I keep their hands idle, they somehow end up using them as weapons against each other. Funny how that works, huh? Anyway, In return for good behavior and for showing self control towards each other, I decided to make some homemade ice cream popsicles.
These homemade popsicles were super easy to make and only require a few items to make them. Popsicle sticks, cookie cutters, CandyQuick and of course, delicious Blue Bunny ice cream!
You can of course pick any flavor of Blue Bunny Ice Cream you want. I ran to Walmart and picked up the above flavors. I mean Hot Chocolate con Churros… need I say more? Yum, Yum, Yum!
Walmart will be having a demo for the delicious Blue Bunny Ice Cream on June 20th at select locations, so be sure to go and try a taste!
These homemade ice cream popsicles are super easy, and I you all know how much I preach about convenience. Especially when it comes to DIY!
Homemade Ice Cream Popsicles
The first thing you’re going to do is get out a cookie sheet and line it with parchment or wax paper. Then take whatever cookie cutters you have and press your Blue Bunny Ice Cream into it. If your cutters are not completely hollow, spread out some ice cream like cookie dough, refreeze it, and cut out shapes with your cutters. If the ice cream softens when you’re doing this, be sure to refreeze it so you can insert a popsicle into it firmly.
Using your melting chocolate candy (be sure to follow the package instructions– I got the kind at Walmart that melts in the microwave within it’s own tray called CandyQuik), dip your frozen ice cream, completely coating it. Feel free to drizzle any other kinds of chocolate over it or use sprinkles to give it a kid-friendly feel!
What a fun way to celebrate Summer! But, be sure to consume it quick as the heat outside will make your yummy ice cream melt fast!
What fun things and fun foods do you enjoy doing for the Summer? How would you make your own recipe using Blue Bunny Ice Cream? Let me know below!
- Blue Bell Ice Cream, Any Flavor
- Chocolate and/or Vanilla CandyQuik
- Popsicle Sticks
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Cookie Cutters
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Spread out your ice cream about 1-2 inches thick onto parts of the sheet, just like you would dough, refreeze it.
- Take cookie cutters and cut out shapes, placing them separately. Refreeze.
- Take popsicle sticks and slide them into the side of the ice cream shapes and re-firm in the freezer.
- Melt CandyQuik according to package instructions while ice cream shapes are re-firming.
- Once popsicles are firm again, quickly coat with CandyQuik and add sprinkles.
- Stick back into freezer until ready to consume.