The 4th of July is just around the corner and I am SO excited! For the past few years we have been celebrating the anniversary of our freedom with a few friends at our home. Low key, yet fun is what we like, and this year will be no different! We are just going to let the kids play outside, enjoy some sprinklers and sparklers, eat delicious food and hang out. This year my plan is to pick up some fried chicken at the Walmart deli and make these mac ‘n cheese cupcakes that are super simple to make, and easy to feed a crowd! No mess, no fuss!
The Walmart Deli Fried Chicken is really good and really affordable! Plus, they have a lot to choose from.
All of the fried chicken can be found in their deli section. Just walk up and tell them what you need and they will be happy to oblige!
Kids and adults alike love Mac ‘n Cheese, but let’s be honest– it’s not always best for a finger food picnic lunch… until now! This recipe is buttery, rich and made from scratch! They’re also perfect for an appetizer and for everyone to consume without a utensil. And confession– they’re even really good cold. If you have some muffin tins, muffin cups (optional) and all the food ingredients listed below, you’ll be set to make this fun and easy recipe!
Mac ‘n Cheese Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook two cups of macaroni. I always cook it in a shallow frying pan covered in cold water and brought to a boil, but cook it however you would like!
3. While your macaroni is cooking, mix together 2 cups of cheddar cheese, a sleeve of butter crackers, crushed and a stick of melted butter in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, beat 4 eggs, add 1 cup of milk and a half cup of sour cream. Cut up a half stick of COLD butter into small pieces and mix all together.
5. Once the macaroni is done cooking and still hot, add a cup of shredded cheese and mix together. Pour the egg/milk/sourcream mixture and completely combine with the noodle/cheese mix.
6. Using 2 muffin tins or 18 canning lids and a sheet pan, add your cupcake liners and spray each liner with non-stick spray.
7. Press down the cheese/cracker/butter mix into the bottom of each muffin cup to compact it together.
8. Spoon the macaroni mix on top and fill each cup completely. Sprinkle each cupcake with any leftover cheese/cracker/butter mix.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops of each cupcake comes out golden brown and toasted.
10. Allow to cool and consume. Yum!
- 2 cups dried macaroni noodles
- 3 cups Shredded Cheddar cheese, divided in 2 and 1 cups
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 sticks salted butter, 1 stick melted, ½ stick cold and cubed
- 1 sleeve buttery crackers, crushed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook macaroni, according to package and do the followin steps while it's cooking.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, crushed buttery crackers and 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat 4 eggs together. Add milk, sour cream and cold cubed butter and combine.
- Once macaroni is cooked, toss into a large bowl with a cup of cheddar cheese. Combine.
- Add egg/milk/sour cream mix to macaroni bowl and stir together.
- Using 2 muffin tins or 18 canning lids and a baking sheet, line it with muffin cups. Spray muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- Press a spoonful of Cheese/butter/cracker mixture into the bottom of each cup. Fill the rest of the muffin cup with the macaroni mixture.
- Sprinkle any left over cracker/cheddar mix on top of each macaroni cupcake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes come out firm, golden brown and toasted.