I love making these hand-sized entrees, especially for the kids. They’re great for lunch boxes, and for some reason, my oldest thinks she’s super fancy when she has pasta in a cupcake liner. We absolutely love Italian food, so to be able to whip up something simple and tasty is important to me, since most of my evenings are crazy busy.
For this recipe, I picked up a jar of the Bertolli Riserva sauce. The Balsamic Vinegar & Caramelized Onions flavor is absolutely amazing! I added no other spices to the sauce to make it better. It literally was perfect how it was!
All this recipe takes is a little bit of pasta cooking, a little bit of assembly and a little bit of baking time in the oven. I love easy recipes, and this for sure is one of those. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Did you know that Bertolli is celebrating their 150th anniversary this year? That’s why they came out with the line of amazing Riserva sauces. They are also celebrating by making a $1 donation to No Kid Hungry for each photo shared that shows how you share your love of Italian food. So, hop on to any social media channel, share how you bring Tuscany to your table via photo and use the hashtag #MyTuscanTable. What a simple way to give back to those in need.
So, share away and enjoy this delicious and easy recipe!
- 2 Cups Elbow Noodles
- 1 Jar Bertolli Riserva Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided in two 2 cup portions
- 1 sleeve crushed saltine crackers
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, drain and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add noodles, Bertolli sauce, eggs and 2 cups of parmesan cheese and combine completely.
- Melt butter and add to a bowl of crushed crackers and the other 2 cups of parmesan cheese and combine completely.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper cupcake liners and spray them with a non-stick spray.
- scoop a small amount of cracker mixture into each cupcake liner and lightly press.
- Add spaghetti mixture on top of cracker mixture and fill the rest of the cupcake liner to the top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cracker/cheese mixture on top of each cup.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or when cheese on top is completely melted and crackers are a golden brown.