Meal prep just got more streamlined for me with these Dorot frozen proportioned herbs that I found at one of my favorite shopping places:
That’s right, my friends. Trader Joe’s! One of my favorite places. Even my kids get excited when we go. It’s like a field trip for them.
Food samples, buffalo hunting and stickers and suckers. I get to shop for fun and convenient foods that are good for the family!
Dorot is found in the freezer section for a very reasonable price. Right now, you can print a coupon for a $1 off, so I was able to purchase mine for less than $1.
That is a great deal for a product that is already prepped and ready to go for lots of future recipes to come!
I used the Dorot garlic cubes to make an easy snack recipe for the family.. and it turned out great! Easy, homemade Garlic hummus.
Only a handful of ingredients, including the Dorot crushed garlic frozen cubes. All I did was pop three cubes into a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blended until smooth. Yum!
Hummus is a healthy snack that can be served with all types of veggies and delicious naan bread. I am so happy that I can now make this at home for a fraction of the store-bought cost.,, and thanks to the Dorot frozen cubes, I can make it flavorful!
- 2 15 oz cans of garbanzo beans, drained (reserve juices for recipe)
- ½ cup reserved garbanzo bean juice
- 4 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic (or 3 Dorot garlic cubes)
- 1.5 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until the hummus is smooth and free of a gritty texture. Chill and serve with carrots, cucumbers, peppers, etc and/or naan bread.
Have you ever tried the Dorot frozen herb cubes? Let me know in the comments below. If you haven’t, print yourself a coupon and head out to Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s and stock up!