Who here likes easy weeknight meals for a big family? This baked breaded chicken spaghetti recipe is perfect for just that. Very little prep, pop it in the oven and voila! Dinner is served.
One of the reason this meal is pretty darn easy is because of this delicious Homestyle Ragu pasta sauce. Just pour it it into the bottom of a 9×13 pan before you place the seared chicken in, and it marinates even more in the oven. So yummy!
Check out the step-by-step video on how it’s done and then check out the recipe below that. Be sure to get 2 jars of Ragu for this recipe, especially if you’re feeding a family of more than 4!
Serve this with some garlic bread and a side of steamed veggies, and it’s a perfect meal for every family member. Me, my husbands and kiddos gobbled this meal up and even asked for seconds. It is SO GOOD!
- 3-4 Chicken breasts, depending on size
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 jars Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a heated pan of olive oil, sear both sides of chicken breasts, about 5 minutes each.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 baking pan, on top of a Ragu pasta sauce (about ¾ of one jar)
- Combine panko crumbs and paremsan and coat chicken generously.
- Take the rest of the Ragu sauce and pour it between the sides of the pan and the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes or an hour, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Serve over a bed of spaghetti or angel hair pasta, or your choice of noodles.
Enjoy! If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think! The Ragu is a great addition to the dish, as the Homestyle Ragu has a really deep, delicious flavor. I definitely recommend splurging for this particular kind of Ragu.. You won’t regret it!