Having multiple children is a blessing, but can be rough at the same time. Multiple kids can mean multiple messes, and that’s something I really try to keep under control as a work-at-home homeschooling mom. The more order that is in my house, the smoother it runs! There are a lot of things I do on a daily, weekly and monthly basis that helps to keep things running like a well-oiled ship. Now, these are the things that I do that helps reduce stress and chaos in my life. They may not work for everyone, but I can assure you that they help make my life as a mom so much easier!
1. Cups (or bottles) with lids are a godsend! My 3 year old is still in a stage of life where he constantly spills open cups of water. ALL. THE. TIME. Since he’s past the sippy cup stage, we want to have drinks on the go that are not only easy to contain, but hard to spill out if it gets knocked over. These Fruit Shoot juice bottles are great because they close after use! The bottles are great quality, and sure do beat those juice pouches. My kids tend to knock those over and spill them every time too. So, these sure are handy.
2. Consistency is key. For the sake of my sanity and my kids’, I really try hard to keep to a consistent schedule. My children thrive on predictability. If we sway from our plan too much or forgo it completely, it seems like all chaos breaks loose. My children are always very quick to show their boredom and frustration with not having structure. So, if I can be proactive with my children and their schedule throughout the day and week, things tend to run so much more smoothly, and I like it!
3. Meal planning. I am the queen of meal planning. This saves me so much time and money! Ever since we got strict about meal planning on January of 2017, I have seen a real release of stress from my life. I know exactly what food we have and what I am going to do with it. This also reduces waste and gives all of what I buy at the grocery store purpose.
4. Recruiting help. My five year old (pictured above- isn’t she cute?) and my 10 year old are so great at helping me throughout our days at home. My oldest will do chores like emptying the dishwasher and drying laundry. My 3 year old likes to help fetch things for me and also really loves prepping fruit and veggies for lunches and snacks. I very much count these as homeschooling lessons. These types of lessons help teach life skills, which are way important for any person who someday will become a responsible teenager or adult.
5. Having Humor. Laughing through the hard times, the mistakes, really helps make life easier. Taking time out to enjoy the children, interact with them and just have fun. I think it’s so important to slow down and take the time to enjoy each other! It’s always good to have self care and just relax. Can I get an amen? 😉
These simple tips have really helped make my mom life easier. They are imperative to my life and I hope they will help you too! Especially the bottles with lids.. They have saved me many times from having a sticky house. And child. 🙂