The following recipe is one of my favorite recipes EVER! My mom made this recipe all the time when I was growing up and my brother and I absolutely love it. When I serve it to people outside my immediate family, they are intrigued and perplexed by the fact that we use Doritos in our recipe. Trust me, it really works! It’s delicious!
So, check out our family favorite and enjoy! I know you won’t be disappointed. 🙂
- 1 lb of hamburger
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 Block of cheddar cheese
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cups Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 small jar Taco Sauce
- 1 Bag Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Brown your hamburger and drain. Set aside to cool.
- Chop Lettuce, dice the pepper and onion, cube the cheese and throw into a large salad bowl.
- Once your hamburger has cooled, you can toss it into the bowl as well.
- In a small mixing bowl, add your mayo, milk, sugar and taco sauce. Mix well, incorporating all ingredients.
- Pour Taco Dressing over salad and mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Serve onto individual dishes and sprinkle crushed Doritos over the top of your Taco Salad.