My daughter BEGS me for donuts every week. I am not kidding– EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK.
I literally break my budget on the donut holes at the local donut shop. it’s a travesty, really.
So, to save moola, I bought a donut pan and made these DELICIOUS pumpkin donuts with chocolate chips in them. Nestle Chocolate Chips to be exact.
They were gone in like 2.54 seconds, I kid you not.
Now I have everyone asking to make them some or share the recipe.
I guess I can do that.. so I’ll just share it with the world. And if you DON’T have a donut pan, just use a muffin tin. They will taste just as good!
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add each remaining ingredient into mixing bowl, stirring and combining as you go.
- Grease your donut pan (or muffin tin) and fill each well about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Lay baked donuts out to cool a little and toss in a bath of cinnamon/sugar mix (optional).