Thanksgiving is almost here and the cranberries are in full bloom.. Haha!
They really are, I have seen cranberry recipes ALL OVER.
So, I decided to jump the cranberry bandwagon and bring you another yummy cranberry recipe.
Don’t hate. Sometimes you just gotta do what everyone else is doing.
It’s OK. No one’s gonna judge. 😉
If you love sweet and tart together, this recipe is for you.
And the nice thing is, if you want it sweeter, just dump a bunch of powdered sugar on the top.
Yea. That’s what I’m talkin’ about.
As a matter of fact, I decided to be nice and share and served them to a bunch of fabulous ladies tonight.
No need for me to eat the whole pan.
Gotta save room for the turkey and pumpkin pie come Thursday.
I think my lady friends are getting spoiled, don’t ya think? Last week I fed them my buttery baklava, and this week they get a Thankgiving-inspired dessert.
I wonder what I can whip up for them next……. What sounds good to you?
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups cranberries
- Powdered Sugar (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat two eggs, butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Mix in vanilla, flour and baking powder until completely blended.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar for a little more sweetness if cranberries are too tart (optional)