I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
I don’t know what it is about little tiny cheeseburgers, but I love them! Maybe it’s the fact that they are dainty. Or the fact that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating more than one. Whatever the reason is, is good enough for me to make some cheeseburger sliders at home, using the best cheese in the world– Kraft! These sliders are unique because they bring some spice, some sweet, and a little bit of cool in every bite! It’s like a flavor explosion in your mouth that you never want to end.
To begin this recipe, you have to get the most important ingredients- Kraft cheeses and condiments. The above items are what really give these burgers their unique flavor– and of course you can find them all at Walmart! Since I was going more on the spicy side, I picked up some cheese and spicy sweet BBQ sauce that gave my burgers a kick. And to give it a nice balance, I decided to put a little ranch in there to cool things down a bit.
Of course, no slider cheeseburger would be complete without a delicious slider bun. Since I love baking, I decided to make my own, from scratch. You of course, can go buy buns, but I like to challenge myself a bit, so that’s why I made my own. My family loved these by the way! Maybe I’ll post a recipe very soon. 🙂
After I made the slider buns, I got to working on the burger meat. I wanted to give the meat a lot of good flavors but not overdo it. So, I took 2 pounds of burger meat, 2-3 tablespoons of Kraft Spicy Honey Barbeque Sauce, about a half a cup of Kraft Mexican Four Cheese Shreds and salt and pepper to taste. Then I just used my hands to mix it all together!
Once I mixed everything up in the meat, I flattened the meat out and used a mason jar lid to cut them out in perfect slider-sized circles. You could also use a cookie cutter or a cup to get it the right size. Remember to cut them out a little bit bigger than your buns since the meat will shrink when you cook them! Grill them or fry them in a pan, about 3 minutes per side. Once you flip the burgers, top them with your favorite Kraft cheese and allow the cheese to melt while the underside is still cooking. It’s so good! We used the Mexican Four Cheese Shreds and the Pepper Jack Big Slices for our burgers. A little less spicy for my girls and little more spicy for the husband. He loves Pepper Jack Cheese!
I love how you can see all the cheese shreds in the meat before you fry them. The cheese, along with the barbecue sauce, really makes it delicious. I will definitely been making my burgers like this from here on out!
To add more flavor and kick to these burgers, I chopped up and de-seeded 3 jalapeños, diced a half pound of bacon and fried them together! These serves as a topping to the sliders and they really compliment all the flavors!
Once you fry up your bacon and jalapeños, set them on a paper towel- lined plate for the grease to drain. Then take your slider burgers (with cheese on and melted already), put them on a freshly cut warm slider bun, top with bacon/jalapeno mix and drizzle the Kraft Spicy Honey barbecue sauce and Ranch Dressing on top. The Ranch gives the cheeseburgers a nice cooling effect and really balances out the entire thing. So good!
I love how the cheeses are all melty and gooey and are incorporated throughout the entire burger. The slider buns are not thick, so they really let the cheesy meat patties shine and give off their yummy flavors. The sauces really compliment everything that has been lovingly cooked and it is an overall amazing dish. These are definitely going on our regular menu rotation!
Please enjoy these wonderful bacon cheeseburger sliders. They are a perfect meal for summer!
- Slider buns (store bought or homemade. If you decide to make them, make sure to give yourself plenty of time, as they take about 2.5 hours to make from start to finish)
- 2 lbs ground hamburger
- 1 pkg Kraft Mexican Four Cheese Shreds
- 1 pkg Kraft Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
- 1 bottle Kraft Spicy Honey barbecue sauce
- 1 bottle Kraft Ranch dressing
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- ½ lb bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- If making your own slider buns, prepare them way in advance to cooking your burgers.
- In a medium bowl, mix hamburger meat, 2-3 tablespoons BBQ sauce, ¾ cup shredded Kraft Cheese and 1 tablespoon each salt & pepper
- Spread out hamburger into a rectangular shape on a piece of parchment paper, leaving it about an inch thick and cut into circle shapes using a cup, cookie cutter or mason jar lid. Set all burgers onto a cookie sheet until ready to cook. Keep meat chilled as it tends to fall apart when too warm.
- Fry up diced bacon and jalapeños and set aside to drain.
- Grill or fry burgers in a pan on medium heat, about 3 minutes on both sides. Smash burger down a little since they tend to shrink when you cook them.
- After you have flipped your burger, add Kraft cheese to top of burger and allow cheese to melt while the bottom side cooks, about another 3 minutes.
- Set burgers on a wire rack or paper towel to drain grease for a few minutes.
- Assemble burgers on buns, top with jalapeno/bacon mix and drizzle with a little bit of BBQ and ranch dressing.
- Stick a toothpick through the middle of the burgers to keep them together,