If you’re looking for a super easy recipe to throw together for a party or at the last minute, then look no further! These crispy rice treats are always a crowd pleaser, are gluten free, and of course are fun for the 4th, which is this weekend. Gasp!
While my middle kid was taking a nap, The other kiddos and I snuck out to the back porch to enjoy this delish treat. I mean, what kid doesn’t like a food that’s in the shape of a star? I mean, come on!
Don’t worry, my daughter was not sad that she was eating this, she was thrilled. It was just funny to see her American flag sticker placed on her face like that because it looked like a tear. So of course she had to be goofy and pretend like she was crying out little tiny flags. She’s a goof!
So, grab your star or patriotic cookie cutters, some red and blue sprinkles and all the ingredients for this recipe, and wow some crowds this weekend with little to no effort! I say the easy-ness of this recipe is what appeals to me most. What say you? 🙂
- 1 package marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- blue & red sprinkles
- star-shaped cookie cutters
- 9x13 pan
- Melt marshmallows and butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes.
- Quickly stir in all of the crispy rice cereal and completely coat.
- Transfer the marshmallow'y cereal to a greased 9x13 pan and gently press down to fill the entire pan.
- Allow the treats to cool, then take the cookie cutter and cut out star shapes.
- Separate shapes and place onto a serving tray and sprinkle with red and blue sprinkles.
Be sure to check out all my list of 7+ picnic recipes that are also perfect for this weekend. Have a great and blessed 4th of July!