The time has come– to do another home purge! This time, I came up with my own challenge, and a lot of the awesome ladies in my Simple Living Facebook group (Search Nessa Makes Simple Living on Facebook) are participating! I would love for you to join in this challenge, and feel free to join in the conversation in my group too. It’s great fun!
I told the ladies in my group that this challenge is a hybrid between the Minimalist’s January purging challenge, the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge from White House Black Shutters, and an insertion of my own clutter-free creativity.
Let me put it out there, this is not for the faint of heart. This is going to take a big commitment.. as you will be getting rid of a large amount of stuff. But, you can do it! Just keep your eyes on the prize of less clutter, less stress, and more freedom of the things you really want to invest your time in. I know because living more minimally has helped tremendously! But now it’s time to purge again. And I am ready! Are you? Let’s do this!
This challenge will coincide with the 31 days of May, or any other month that has 31 days. If you decide to do this on a month that doesn’t have 31 days, feel free to skip a day or two, that’s totally fine. Or, double up on a day or two and knock a bunch of stuff out in one big swoop! Totally up to you!
Ready? Here we go!
31 Day Purge Challenge
- Day 1: Purge a bag of expired medicines (This can be any size bag. This also goes for any day of this challenge that involves getting rid of a bag of things.)
- Day 2: Purge TWO items from your pantry/kitchen cabinets
- Day 3: Purge one bag from your winter attire
- Day 4: Purge FOUR office supplies
- Day 5: Purge a bag of expired cleaning supplies
- Day 6: Purge SIX items from any dresser/drawer
- Day 7: Purge any LARGE item
- Day 8: Purge EIGHT toys
- Day 9: Purge a bag of expired makeup/cosmetics/hygiene products
- Day 10: Purge TEN items from any closet
- Day 11: Purge a bag from your GARAGE
- Day 12: Purge TWELVE socks/stockings/scarves/ties
- Day 13: Purge your jewelry box of unwanted items
- Day 14: Purge FOURTEEN hair items
- Day 15: Purge a bag of HOME DECOR items
- Day 16: Purge SIXTEEN writing tools/utensils
- Day 17: Purge a bag of LINENS
- Day 18: Purge EIGHTEEN pieces of paper/mail/media
- Day 19: Purge any piece of FURNITURE
- Day 20: Purge TWENTY hangers
- Day 21: Purge a bag of OLD RAGS/TOWELS
- Day 22: Purge TWENTY TWO kitchen items
- Day 23: Purge a bag of MAGAZINES/BOOKS/NEWSPAPERS
- Day 24: Purge your FRONT & BACK PORCH/PATIO
- Day 25: Purge TWENTY FIVE Movies/CDs/Software/floppy discs/Outdated office items
- Day 26: Purge a bag of EXPIRED CANDY/FOOD
- Day 27: Purge TWENTY SEVEN sharp things
- Day 28: Purge a bag from your LAUNDRY ROOM
- Day 29: Purge TWENTY NINE Food items
- Day 30: Purge a bag of OLD BILLS
- Day 31: Purge ANYTHING YOU WANT, AS MUCH AS YOU WANT. You DID AWESOME!!!!
So, here’s the challenge, all laid out for you! Be sure to bookmark this blog post so you can come back to it every day. Also, be sure to join my Simple Living Group on Facebook (search Nessa Makes Simple Living) , as that’s where we will be posting daily reminders and pictures and stories to help keep all of us accountable! It’s going to be great, and I can’t wait to get started on MONDAY! YAY!